Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recently Watched:


Zombieland

Went to the movies today and saw Zombieland....It was pretty funny/entertaining. But, I felt like there wasn't that strong of a plot..and I'm not really sure what the message of the film was..not that all movies need messages but Zombie movies are usually about capitalism and this one wasn't. (or was it?)

The laughs came pretty consistently so for what it was--- it was a good, funny movie ..about zombies. Plus Bill Murray was awesome. That wig he was wearing was great. It was pretty well acted. (but I still hate Abigail Breslin)

Finally watched Chungking Express.. its been on my list since I learned about Hong Kong cinema in film class last semester. I liked it. But damn they really pimped out the Mama's and the Papa's California Dreamin couldn't the girl at least listen to another one of their songs??

It reminded me of that Hilary Swank tv movie where she wanted to be in a sorority with her roommate (and then her roommate fell off of some tower because the other girls were hazing her forcing her to hang some flag.) Every time her and Zach from Save by the Bell were going to get it on they played "dammmmmmn I wish I was your loverrrr" ---They seriously used it like 4 times and it become comical when it was supposed to be "sexy."

No comments:

Post a Comment