Monday, May 31, 2010

Best songs used in films

For awhile I thought scoring films would be a good job for me..who knows how someone gets into that. YAA KNOW.


Here are some of my favorites:

  1. Broken Social Scene- Shampoo Suicide in Half Nelson

*Spoiler- If you haven't seen this movie go see it and don't watch/read this.

Maybe it's Ryan Gosling's amazing performance, maybe its the build up of everything that has happened up until this point..either way this song really works. I saw this at the theater and the song came in so loud it was pounding through my head. Plus it got my into Broken Social Scene.

2) Girls in Hawaii- Flavor in Dans Paris

I can only find a clip that starts late...but here is the full song.

So I barely remember this film. It's French. Romain Duris is really good in it. He is suicidal and he and this girl have an on and off relationship. Out of context this clip seems weird but whatever listen to the song. (There is some nudity, don't watch this at work, friends.)

3) Rick Springfield- Jesse's Girl in Boogie Nights

I picked this one because it's hilarious. There are several good songs used throughout this scene, but the drug dealer singing along to Jesse's Girl is the best.

....to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment