Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recently Watched: "Cyrus" and "Dogtooth"

I wanted to see Cyrus because I was interested in watching Jonah Hill in a semi dramatic role. For what it was it was good..well acted and what not.. but it didn't leave a big impression on me. I don't even remember exactly how it ended. Catherine Keener is my dawg though.


I wanted to see Dogtooth at the Maryland Film Festival but because of the timing (last semester of school) I could only see a few films. I got around to watching it last night and Wow..this film...the look of it, the cast, the writing.. you really enter a weird little world. With one of the most cringe worthy scenes I've seen, incest, crazy dancing, unflattering one piece bathing suits and a calm stillness-- this world that you enter works. I don't think I would like the film if it wasn't foreign. Maybe because the actors are unknowns? or because subtitles make everything a bit more profound? whatever the case I found this movie fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment