Monday, May 30, 2011

Recently Watched: Jane Eyre

First of all I'm so glad to be living in modern times. Sexism like whoa! With child beatings, verbal abuse, starvation etc, Jane Eyre takes on a lot. I'm not a huge fan of period pieces and I found myself wanting to slap the shittaki out of the child abusers. I hate the idea of boarding schools, especially all girl boarding schools--- in general I hate being proper. have you met me? (does that make me sound like an animal?)

Visually the film was really beautiful. I liked that Cary used modern filming techniques despite the fact that it's a period piece.

Mia Waskiowka's facial expressions aided the film; she's able to subtly convey a lot in her face. Michael Fassbender was pretty charming minus the hair. Honestly all of the bad hair styles were pretty distracting to me. (is that shallow?) <--rhetorical question

If you've read the book it's no secret that they end up together. I had mixed feelings about it.. he really looks too old for her..she has a baby face.

I liked the film but the lack of all things modern made me want to access the internet or watch television. for serious, what a cold world the 19th century was.

No comments:

Post a Comment