Saturday, November 27, 2010

Casper: The Saddest Movie of All Time???



ok.. so how did I start to watch a scene from Casper on Youtube? how would an adult person arrive at that? Well I'll explain. I was watching the trailer to "Beautiful Girls" and the commercial for "Now and Then" (lovable shit-bomb of a movie) was on the side. Naturally, I watched it which led me to "Casper."

It's so depressing. I knew it was depressing when I was a kid, but damn. All of the sudden they play this "he is gonna turn back into a little ghost boy" instrumental stuff. Do you remember the story of how he died? He froze to death in the snow. FROZE TO DEATH IN THE SNOW. A LITTLE BOY...PLAYING IN THE SNOW. DEATH. And Christina Ricci just can't get a break: her dad gets drunk with ghosts, she falls in love with a ghost boy who would normally look like Devon Sawa (good when he is teen, bad when he is Stan in Eminem's music video) and some girl is rude to her, I think? All the kids were mean to her right? Because apparently it's not cool for your dad to be a ghost hunter.

As a child I loved this movie, as an adult looking back WHY DO WE SHOW THESE THINGS TO CHILDREN. that is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment