Monday, June 20, 2011

Recently Watched: Midnight in Paris

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Midnight in Paris is a well made movie. Paris looks so beautiful, (ME WANTS TO GO.) It's well acted; Owen Wilson particularly does a great job in the lead role and the script is pretty funny in that Woody Allen dorky-clever way. I think my biggest problem with this movie was that going into it I thought that when Wilson's character explores Paris after midnight he'd be experiencing some of the current Parisian night life... SPOILER ..I was wrong.. instead Wilson goes back in time and experiences Paris in the 1920's. It's cute..he is a huge fan of the 1920's and he is meeting literary/cultural figures from the 1920's and he is aware of how crazy it is (insert Allen humor) ... it works or I should say it worked for most of the audience..but to me it got a little old after say the 15th person he met. The movie comes around ..I don't want to say I didn't like it because I did, but I definitely have mixed feelings about the plot. I really liked the ending, and the overall message of people always thinking a time before "their time" is more inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment