Monday, November 9, 2009

Recently Watched: Sugar


Last night I watched "Sugar," which was written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, the writers and directors of "Half Nelson." I didn't think it was as good as "Half Nelson," but that's probably because I fell in love with "a crack headed teacher man." (see: Independent Spirit Awards)

The film was about a man, nicknamed Sugar, who is from the Dominican Republic and is trying to make it in American baseball. What I learned was WHITE AMERICAN COACHES ARE THE DEVIL, OLD WHITE LADIES WHO THINK THEY KNOW A LOT ABOUT BASEBALL ARE THE DEVIL and everyone takes roids. I kid. I kid.

good movie. The style reminded me of "Half Nelson"-- both films have some really honest moments in them and I look forward to seeing more work from Boden and Fleck.

No comments:

Post a Comment